In this Wednesday Q&A, we answer your questions about can you achieve perfect posture with a broken bone, distal finger proprioception, disc function and spinal alignment, and bunions.
- Can you achieve perfect posture if you’ve broken an important bone like the collarbone?
- I have a podcast question about proprioception motor control hypermobility in the distal finger joints. I have known for a while that a sign of EDS, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a hypermobility syndrome, in kids is fine and gross motor skill development, which I had. I recently learned that in addition to being clumsy and running into things, EDS folks tend to drop objects a lot due to proprioceptive issues. My phone currently has a lot of cracks in it. Do you guys have any ideas on how to improve distal finger proprioception?
- What is a disc and its function? And what are your thoughts about chiropractic adjustment or muscle strengthening for better spinal alignment?
- I’ve never had a problem with bunions until recently, although I’ve noticed the bony bump on the joint at the base of my big toe when I bought a new pair of trainers comfortable with wide enough toe space, they were rubbing a little bit on that bone. It didn’t really hurt, but I could feel it after a couple of weeks, it started to become really painful and inflamed. I’d like to think that I’m doing the correct things by wearing correct toes. There’s the toes, spacers, exercising, massaging my feet, walking, barefoot, posture, etc. I also got myself a bunion cushion for when I’m wearing shoes that that does not seem to help. My question is whether that can be caused by an inflammatory disease such as rheumatism. I had a blood test a while ago and it turned out that one of the markers was elevated. It would be great if you could discuss bunions and how to treat them on the podcast.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
Do you have a question?
- DM Lara on Instagram: @lara.heimann
- DM Kristin on Instagram: @kbwilliams99
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shop my favorite 100% Science-Backed Amino Acid Supplements. Enter code “LYT” to save 30%. aminoco.com/LYT
- Check out and sign up for LYT Daily and The LYT Studio, including our 1-week FREE trial of each here:
Follow the podcast: