Katie Goss, the co-founder of Whealth, is a dynamic advocate for personal health empowerment. Her journey from a critical care cardiac nurse to a driven entrepreneur was fueled by her desire to combat preventable illnesses stemming from poor lifestyle choices and the healthcare system’s lack of focus on prevention. After struggling with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Katie co-founded Whealth to address comprehensive health, fitness, and vitality.
On this episode of Redefining Movement, Katie emphasizes the paramount importance of self-care and underscores her belief that health is the ultimate wealth. She also discusses her mission to bridge the healthcare system’s gaps, particularly aiding those with hypermobility conditions like HSD and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.
In this episode, you will learn the following:
- The healthcare system primarily treats rather than prevents medical issues. Investing in your health can help avoid common health concerns like diabetes and heart attacks.
- A diagnosis of hypermobility or EDS doesn’t condemn you to a lifetime of suffering. Proper movement and habits can help you manage these conditions and live healthier lives.
- Success, like health, requires daily effort, even when immediate rewards are lacking. Over time, you’ll be amazed at the progress you’ve achieved.
Connect with Lara Heimann, the Redefining Movement Podcast, and LYT Daily:
- Lara’s on Instagram – @Lara.Heimann
- Redefining Movement Podcast on Instagram – @RedefiningMovementPodcast
- LYT Method on Instagram – @LYTMethod
Today’s podcast sponsor:
Almond Cow – Visit almondcow.co/shop and use code LARA for a discount off your purchase!
Herbal Face Food – Use code Lara20 for 20% off on your next purchase!
Follow the podcast: