“For anyone who has chronic pain, one of the best antidotes is movement. And it can be the simplest movement. When you move, you will start feeling better.”
Jerry Yoo was on a path to becoming a neurosurgeon when he discovered an unexpected passion for physical therapy. Today, Jerry has found a unique approach to help high-level athletes become faster and more efficient runners and triathletes through his practive, Next Level Physio.
On this episode talks Lara talks with Jerry about his non-traditional approach to PT and the challenges they both confront in overturning traditional healthcare practices to offer their clients the absolute best care possible. Listen in for more on the value of looking at the body as a whole rather than a symptomatic approach, and his work directly with high-performance runners and triathletes.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Jerry’s experience with physical therapy led him to open his own non-traditional PT practice
- How running is a skill that needs to be taught and the importance of gait analysis for runners
- The role of yoga, pelvic orientation, and the gender differences in hamstring versus quad strength in ACLs
- Jerry’s Website – Next Level Physio
- Christopher McDougall’s book Born to Run
- Jerry’s Podcast – Beyond Physio
- Next Level Physio YouTube
- Email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with the Guest:
- Instagram – @trijerrydpt
- Instagram Next Level Physio – @nextlevelphysiopt
- Facebook – @jerry.yoo
Follow the podcast:
Connect with Lara Heimann, The Redefining Yoga Podcast, and LYT Yoga:
- Lara’s on Instagram – @Lara.Heimann
- Redefining Yoga Podcast on Instagram – @RedefiningYogaPodcast
- LYT Yoga on Instagram – @LYTYogaMethod
Today’s podcast sponsor:
- Jayson Gaddis at The Relationship school – Half off of one month of relationship coaching, use code “LARA”.