Join Lara for a conversation with Gina Conley, MS. Gina has a master’s in exercise science and is a birth doula. She is a perinatal fitness trainer and owner of MamasteFit, an in-person perinatal training facility in Aberdeen, North Carolina. Gina has exclusively trained prenatal and postnatal fitness clients for the past 6 years and offers both in-person and online training support. Gina is a mom to three little ones and is passionate about empowering others to feel strong and pain-free throughout their pregnancies as they prepare for their birth and postpartum journey.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How experiencing a challenging birth motivated Gina to start a business that supports and empowers other women during their perinatal journey.
- Becoming a doula and the responsibilities involved in that role.
- The importance of exercise throughout pregnancy and common misconceptions and fears associated with lifting weights and core exercises during this period.
- The benefits of perinatal exercise and the connection between prenatal fitness and birth preparation.
- Postpartum fitness, including the timeline for returning to exercise.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
Connect with Lara Heimann, The Redefining Yoga Podcast, and LYT Yoga:
- Lara Heimann Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lara.heimann/
- Redefining Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/redefiningyogapodcast/
- LYT Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lytyogamethod/
- Visit almondcow.co/shop and use code LARA for a discount off your purchase!
Follow the podcast: