Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day! Join Lara for a conversation with her husband, Mark Heimann, about his non-profit organization kindcore. Mark, an actor with a master’s degree in humane education from the Institute of Humane Education, believes that kindness is what makes society thrive. It is important in today’s world because of the growing trend of divisiveness.
Kindcore is a company that aims to bridge the gap between compassion and action, providing resources for parents, guardians, and teachers to help spread kindness and encourage learning about humane education. They are committed to educating young people about the wide-ranging impact of a single kind act. The company was founded by Mark and his and Lara’s son, Jonah, who wanted to provide a resource for parents to inspire kindness in their kids.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- what is humane education?
- why is kindness so important in the world?
- how is kindcore helping to inspire and create more kindness? And how can you get involved?
- more information about the four different areas of acts of kindness: environmental, human, animal, and self-love.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
- Instagram: @kindcore_org
- Website: kindcore.org
- Institute for Humane Education: humaneeducation.org
- Redefining Yoga Podcast Episode 411. Taking a Solutionary Approach to the Challenges of Our Lifetime, with Zoe Weil
Connect with Lara Heimann, The Redefining Yoga Podcast, and LYT Yoga
- Lara Heimann Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lara.heimann/
- Redefining Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/redefiningyogapodcast/
- LYT Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lytyogamethod/
- Visit relationshipschool.com/lara to get 50% off your first month of relationship coaching.