Welcome to Wednesday Q&A, where you ask questions and we answer them!
In this Wednesday Q&A, we answer your questions about yin yoga, postpartum joint pain, and twisting with breath.
- You advise against doing yin yoga because it does not generate any added value that another style of yoga would not. Yoga teacher Josh Somers claims that yin yoga stretches the tissues, which is not possible with any other yoga style, because once the muscle is engaged, the tissues are not stretched as they are when the muscle is relaxed. If I understand him right, Josh Somers is not referring to the stretching of muscles or ligaments, but to the stretching of tissue and the benefits that go with it. I was wondering what your opinion is on this.
- Have you seen postpartum joint pain?
- Can you explain why in quadruped when you twist you exhale to rotate open and inhale to return back to center?
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
Do you have a question?
- DM Lara on Instagram: @lara.heimann
- DM Kristin on Instagram: @kbwilliams99
- Email us at email@example.com
- Shop my favorite 100% Science-Backed Amino Acid Supplements. Enter code “LYT” to save 30%. aminoco.com/LYT
- Sign up for the LYT Yoga Newsletter: