Welcome to Wednesday Q&A, where you ask questions and we answer them!
In this Wednesday Q&A, we answer your questions about building and maintaining healthy hips for sex, Achilles tendinopathy pain, and weak calves in cyclists.
- Spicy podcast question: I’m 30 years old and have hip pain from sex. When you Google “sex hip pain” results show articles only for seniors, who are advised to take it easy. Not a fun result at age 30 and I’m sure I’m not alone. I’m curious if Lara and Kristin have general advice for sexual longevity specifically for women. How do we keep our hips strong and healthy, taking common sexual positions into consideration?
- I have Achilles tendinopathy. And I’m so sore after doing handstands, especially the push off. Is there any way to ease this?
- I’m writing this on behalf this question on behalf of my partner, Beck. Beck is an avid cyclist. However, their calf muscles don’t seem to be as strong and toned as their upper thighs. I often joke that Beck is heavy-footed when they walk, and I’m curious to know if their gait is having an impact on their calves. I’m sending a short video for your reference. Beck rides with cleats and has no issues with pain. We’d love to know your insights on this.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
Do you have a question?
- DM Lara on Instagram: @lara.heimann
- DM Kristin on Instagram: @kbwilliams99
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit relationshipschool.com/lara to get 50% off your first month of relationship coaching.