Chronic Pain is extremely difficult to live with. Often, people resort to seeing multiple doctors and specialists, but if your entire system isn’t looked at, chronic pain will persist.
Through his journey of resolving his own back pain, Rick realized there was more to the story than what PT school was teaching. He found that most chronic pain was caused by a combination of factors and that the key to eliminating it was to address all of them. Listen in as Lara and Rick geek out on muscle and joint movement and discuss how your systems are connected, some of what they describe may surprise you.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Olderman’s systems-based approach to pain led him to discover that many common chronic pain issues are actually caused by habits and movement patterns which are reinforced by our everyday activities.
- Techniques on how to test yourself for pain and poor movement, along with small adjustments you can make that work to relieve chronic pain.
- How to connect the dots between old injuries and/or emotional trauma with current chronic pain.
- Rick Olderman’s Website featuring downloadable home programs (add “fixingyou” as a coupon code to receive 20% off)
- Rick’s Fixing You® series of books
- Rick Olderman’s new book Solving the Pain Puzzle
- Rick’s Podcast “Talk About Pain”
- Shirley Sahrmann’s Books
- Thomas Myer’s Books
- Thomas Hanna’s Books
Connect with the Guest:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/FixingYouMethod
Follow the podcast:
- Listen in Apple Podcasts (https://tinyurl.com/yckw7vn8)
- Listen in Google Podcasts (https://tinyurl.com/4x4tm9ec)
- Listen in Spotify (https://tinyurl.com/2cwkb8vh)
Connect with LYT Daily and Lara Heimann:
- Instagram Lara Heimann – https://www.instagram.com/lara.heimann/
- Facebook Lara Heimann – https://www.facebook.com/lara.f.heimann
- Instagram LYT Yoga – https://www.instagram.com/lytyogamethod/
- Facebook LYT Yoga – https://www.facebook.com/lytyogamethod
Today’s podcast sponsor:
- Almond Cow. Use code LARA for extra savings https://almondcow.co/