Join Lara for an introduction to napropathic medicine with Dr. Patrick Nuzzo, DN. Dr. Nuzzo’s passion for the restorative, regenerative lifestyle and the anti-inflammatory diet began in 1974 during his nutritionist studies, motivated by the loss of his influential naprapath uncle. He made significant contributions to the natural foods industry, developing renowned nutritional supplements and partnering with notable figures like Walter Payton. In 1983, Dr. Nuzzo graduated as a Doctor of Naprapathic Medicine and successfully managed Naprapathic practices in multiple locations. His efforts led to the introduction of the Naprapathic Practice Act in New Mexico in 2000. This eventually paved the way for the establishment of Southwest University of Naprapathic Medicine (SUNM) in 2010, which became the first accredited school of Naprapathic Medicine in 2021.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- what is napropathy and what is its history.
- the importance of opening pathways in the body to heal.
- the impact of trauma on the body, particularly in early childhood.
- about the regenerative lifestyle and anti-inflammatory medicine.
- about the triumphs and challenges of establishing napropathy as a legitimate field of study and practice.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
- Southwest University of Naprapathic Medicine – sunm.edu
- Naprapathic Medicine of New Mexico – nmnm.org
- Instagram – @sunmedu
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SouthwestUniversityofNaprapathicMedicine
- Dr. Nuzzo’s Book – Anti-Inflammatory Medicine: Naprapathy & Nutrition for a Healthy, Regenerative Lifestyle https://a.co/d/jkMFxss
Connect with Lara Heimann, The Redefining Yoga Podcast, and LYT Yoga:
- Lara Heimann Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lara.heimann/
- Redefining Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/redefiningyogapodcast/
- LYT Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lytyogamethod/
- Visit relationshipschool.com/lara to get 50% off your first month of relationship coaching.
- Visit herbalfacefood.com and use code Lara20 for 20% off!
Follow the podcast: