Join Lara for a conversation with Marcus Westberg, a Swedish photographer and storyteller, focusing on conservation and travel. Marcus is a multiple-award-winning conservation photojournalist and travel writer and photographer, whose work is regularly featured in publications such as the NY Times, Washington Post Magazine, the Guardian, BBC Wildlife Magazine, and Africa Geographic. He divides his time between working for conservation non-profits in Africa, travel assignments around the world, and, lately, documenting deforestation in his native Sweden. He is also married to the wonderful LYT-certified yoga teacher Jessica. He’s interested in, and frequently writes about, topics like kindness, curiosity, mindfulness, and the importance of good intentions.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- how Marcus got into photography and journalism.
- the role photography can play in conservation efforts.
- conservation issues in different countries.
- the impact of education on conservation efforts and ways to address conservation issues.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
- Instagram: @marcuswestbergphotography
- Facebook: facebook.com/MarcusWestbergPhotography
- Website: marcuswestberg.photo
- Collaborative book projects: www.rememberingwildlife.comhttp://tiny.cc/mxr2vz
Connect with Lara Heimann, The Redefining Yoga Podcast, and LYT Yoga
- Lara Heimann Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lara.heimann/
- Redefining Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/redefiningyogapodcast/
- LYT Yoga Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lytyogamethod/
- Visit almondcow.co/shop and use code LARA for a discount off your purchase!