Welcome to Wednesday Q&A, where you ask questions and we answer them!
In this Wednesday Q&A, we answer your questions about heel pain, bone spurs, and more foot pain.
- I have this new thing happening since being pregnant. Not sure if one has to do with the other. When I flex my right foot, I feel a painful, almost pinprick sensation in my right heel. This happens when I step forward into a low lunge and when I do standing L with my right foot forward. Any thoughts on what could be causing this and suggestions on how to heal my heel?
- Can you speak about why bone spurs happen and is there anything one can do to get rid of them besides surgery?
- I’ve had problems with my feet for a few weeks. It started with pain in the left heel. Then I redeveloped bunions on the outside of the foot joint of the little toe. I had these last winter, probably because of my shoes. I did a lot of foot exercises, toe cars, arch strengthening, etc. and I’m wearing a toe spacer almost every night. Throughout the summer, I was almost always barefoot and had no problems at all. Even when hiking for hours and hours in rigid hiking shoes. The bunions and the pain came when I first had to wear shoes again because of the weather. I wear the shoes of my flatmate because she has bigger feet and it felt better to have more space. I just wore them for like 10 to 20 minutes, a few days a week when going to the grocery store or something like that. I work from home, so I’m barefoot all the time. After a few days I had this weird heel pain and the joint of my little toes started to hurt as well as become red and swollen. I immediately stopped wearing my flatmate’s shoes and bought my first pair of Vivo barefoot shoes. Now I’ve been working on my hip mobility and glutes, hips, pelvis function a lot lately. Maybe this has something to do with that. It feels like it came out of nowhere. But I listen to enough of your podcast and know that nothing really comes out of nowhere. I have no idea what to do and or to what kind of physician I could go as my experiences with orthopedists aren’t very encouraging to do that again. I would love to hear your opinions and I’m thankful, as always, for every tip and idea.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: lytyoga.com/blog/category/podcasts/
Do you have a question?
- DM Lara on Instagram: @lara.heimann
- DM Kristin on Instagram: @kbwilliams99
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit tryveganmealprep.com and get 25% off your first order with promo code LYTYOGA